Hi Massimo,

Thanks for your quick repsonse but I still haven't managed to get the
tooltip visible. I tried pretty much every possible combination that I
could think of with no success. Now my code looks this :

{{if request.args[0]=='login':}}
<script>
$(document).ready(function(){
   $('#users_email').tooltip("Please enter your email here");
   $('#auth_users_password').tooltip("Your designated password goes
here");
   });
</script>
{{pass}}

"#users_email" is the input field ID that the form automatically
generates. I also tried it according to your code ("tootip" instead of
"tooltip"; bottom "<script>" instead of "</script>"; "#auth_<input
ID>" instead of "#<input ID>" ) but nothing worked. There's no tooltip
text showing up whatsoever. I even checked the project's custom css,
but there were no explicit positioning attributes that could have
hidden the generated text.

Would you recommend to explicitly code the forms or is there other
feature of web2py that I'm missing ?

Cheers,
Cristian