no. that "map" file is just a commodity extension to have debuggers
(developers tools, firebug, etc) to load the uncompressed version of the
library in order to debug it better

http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/developertools/sourcemaps/

it has nothing to do with any js error.

does the latest web2py.js throw the "original" error ("object has no method
'on'") ?