With all what you did it is difficult to point what is not working now. At
least you should update the web2py reserved file in your app :

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/web2py/tVyL7z7WHkw/mce13Vh-k3UJ

Also, you should search the google group mailing list about admin, I think
there is files to update there too with the last update since the admin is
a app too... So it may possible that the same files should be update.

About your differents problem, I guess that when you delete your app, you
delete with it /database folder that content vital information for web2py.
Also, if the migration is not totally desactived (db = DAL(...,migrate
_enabled=False)) it may be possible that deleting your app have broke
web2py migration synchro... So you will have to do migrate=False,
fake_migrate=True, execute your app, then set it bat to migrate=True and
fake_migrate=False in order to let web2py be in sync again.

When you try on your local machine, the no auth_groups message may had
occure because there were missing records in your local database in this
case a group entry.

Hope it help. Hope for you that you did good back up of everything web2py
folder including you app. If you did that put back this in place should
work find. If you just have you app backed up, you will have to download a
old version of web2py the one your were using before update and restore
this web2py version, put your backed up app in place and try to see if it
works.

Good luck!!

Richard