from the developer point of view, these kind of posts make my head spin a
little bit.

2.4.6 was released 6 months ago: where were you in this timespan ?

First of all, you're reporting bugs that belongs more to codemirror than
web2py itself. My browser doesn't crash when double clicking on an empty
string...yours does: care to share what browser are you using on what
platform (so we can at least inform codemirror's developers about the
problem) ?

on the "and many many many other": report bugs, fix them, send unittests,
or live with 2.4.6 .
When you'll need that particular new feature available in 3.0.0 in june
2014, don't hesitate to open yet another mean post on bugs found on a
release on october 2013: I'm sure lots of rush will be taken on fixing
those, but you'll have to wait 3.0.1 for them to be fixed.......can you see
why these posts reeeeallly don't help you and neither web2py ?