auth.change_password() does a redirect when you specify "next", so you
can't set anything after calling it. However, instead you can just do:

auth.messages.password_changed = 'Your custom flash message'

Of course, there is already a default message set ("Password changed."), so
if you're not seeing it, something is going wrong. Do you get other flash
messages? Maybe confirm that session.flash is being set.

Anthony