You can use ckedit.
There is a plugin available, but I only discovered that after setting up
ckedit manually.
These are the manual steps, but the plugin is worth investigating.

1. Download it and put it in the static directory of your app. I put it in
js (as a directory inside the js directory).
Visit http://ckeditor.com/download and tailor your download (I think I
grabbed everything).

2. In the model where you define the table with the text fields you want to
make rich, create this function:
def advanced_editor(field, value):
    return TEXTAREA(_id = str(field).replace('.','_'), _name=field.name,
_class='text ckeditor', value=value, _cols=80)

and then after the table definition, do this:
db.email_prefs.email_order_received.widget = advanced_editor

for the fields which you want to make rich text.

and finally, you should edit views/layout.html near the end of the file
where some javascripts are included, and add this:
<script type="text/javascript" src=
"{{=URL('static','js/ckeditor/ckeditor.js')}}"></script>

Now, this will un-lazy your table since the model will access it on each
execution, and you may not need the JS on each page (browser will cache it
so can't be a big performance hit).
I'm sure the plugin is smarter. But this works.