Hi Massimo,
this is a very promising feature !

My quick two cents:
Why not turn this generic by replacing the 'body' field with a 'node_name'
field and add an attribute node table ?
For example:

db.define_table('node',
                Field('parent_id','reference node'),
                Field('node_name','string'))
and
db.define_table('attribute',
                Field('node_id','reference node'),
                Field('key','string'),
                Field('value','string'))
The tree definition above needs to create a fake root node, forces a given
node to belong to only one parent node and is efficient when traversing
tree from leaf to trunk but for a given node the children node(s) are
unknown.

The tree definition below could be a better solution, but may require extra
work to keep references integrity especially when moving or deleting nodes:
db.define_table('node',
                Field('parent_id','list:reference node'),
                Field('child_id','list:reference node'),  // sorting this
may permit to manage siblings
                Field('node_name','string'))

Eventually a delirious attribute table evolution might be to have a type
field (string, integer, reference, ....) and validator per node attribute,
but I can't figure out how to do that :)

Thanks again for this new feature,

Mirko,

PS: btw, no plans for DAL ZODB support ?
http://www.zodb.org/en/latest/documentation/guide/introduction.html