Neither the form nor the record gets passed to the widget. However, you
could independently pull the record before adding the widget to the field:

def myform():
    record = db.mytable(request.args(0))
    db.mytable.myfield.widget = lambda f, v, r=record: my_custom_widget(f, v
, record=r)
    form = SQLFORM(db.mytable, record=record).process()
    return dict(form=form)

Anthony