Richard, I was about to post a similar question, but let me just ask you. I
am also new to web2py, and I am not able to find any good resources in
relation to creating multiple groups or assigning roles to users. For
example, lets say I have a group of users that I want to categorize as
company, drivers, and passengers. Can you shed some light of how I can take
the built-in auth_user function and create these various groups.

Rafer