ok, let me rephrase the final statement...

The "official" way (since _href and cid are way back in web2py's history)
should be

A('mypage', _href=URL('myfunction'), cid='myID')

Full Stop(s).
.
.
.

For backward compatibility, the following does the same thing, but I don't
think it's documented (still supported, but we *may* *deprecate* its usage)

A('mypage', component=URL('myfunction'), target='myID')

@all: sorry for the original typo