Dear Anthony, Kiran and Johann,

Thanks for the responses.

I'll be keeping track of the work that i do on this subject on myblog at
this
post<http://joecodeswell.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/components-for-web2py-html-pages-not-derived-from-layout-html/>.

If you or any other web2py-users group members have any comments or
suggestions you can share them there or here.

As of now i have added 2 comments on the blog to my original post.

*1. i looked up web2py component
<http://www.web2py.com/book/default/chapter/12#Components-and-plugins>*

By def it seems that components

communicate with the component controller function via Ajax

Therefore the *list of dependencies *must contain ajax stuff.

*2. add a new component to list:*

navbar – is a complex component containing both *menu *and
*auth-login*components.

Thanks again for a GREAT framework.

Love and peace,

Joe