Why? RFC 1738 states "Thus, only alphanumerics, the special characters
"$-_.+!*'(),", and reserved characters used for their reserved purposes may
be used unencoded within a URL." A comma is a valid 'special character'.
The system I'm working with uses special characters to delineate special
meaning. Hyphens and underscores are routed correctly. I can change it to
use something else, a period perhaps, but seems kind of non-standard or
unorthodox to not support the RFC.