Hi Niphlod, what is asking for disasters? Bumping it up to 500? Can you
elaborate on why? (I'm all for avoiding disasters given what's been
happening!)
The server-status page was showing 150 worker threads active, except lots
of the seem not to be from proper requests. Here's my post on apachelounge
with more details: http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=5655

Apache since became unresponsive again since, strangely I could still
access appadmin via local host, but pages in the main application weren't
responding, even from localhost... CPU and memory were both fine. Made me
wonder if I'm doing something stupid in something very top-level
application-wise (like in a model file or in layout.html), but I would
expect an error message in that case.

I'll look into clearing sessions, thanks for the tip.