Hi, do you mean using the DAL without running a web server?

If so, look at this http://www.web2py.com/AlterEgo/default/show/215

I reckon you could use that in combination with pyxll.
If you're looking for another way, you *may* be able to use ExcelDNA (
https://exceldna.codeplex.com/) and create an IronPython project which
imports the DAL libraries...Don't take my word on that, perhaps someone a
bit more informed than me know of a reason why this wouldn't work..
You can debug that too, but you're working in .Net if that's not a
problem...

I'd be very interested in finding out how you get on!