I have this old code that should work in db.py:

auth_table = db.define_table(
    auth.settings.table_user_name,
    Field('first_name', length=128, default=""),
    Field('last_name', length=128, default=""),
    Field('username', length=128, default="", unique=True),
    Field('password', 'password', length=256,
          readable=False, label='Password'),
    Field('registration_key', length=128, default= "",
          writable=False, readable=False))

auth_table.username.requires = IS_NOT_IN_DB(db, auth_table.username)

import twitter_oauth_data as toa # a file under
modules/twitter_oauth_data.py containing token_url, auth_url, client_id,
client_secret

CLIENT_ID=toa.CLIENT_ID
CLIENT_SECRET=toa.CLIENT_SECRET
AUTH_URL=toa.AUTH_URL
TOKEN_URL=toa.TOKEN_URL
ACCESS_TOKEN_URL=toa.ACCESS_TOKEN_URL
from gluon.contrib.login_methods.oauth10a_account import OAuthAccount
import oauth2 as oauth
import gluon.contrib.simplejson as json
class TwitterAccount(OAuthAccount):
    def get_user(self):
        if self.accessToken() is not None:
            client = oauth.Client(self.consumer, self.accessToken())
            resp, content = client.request('
http://api.twitter.com/1/account/verify_credentials.json')
            if resp['status'] != '200':
                # cannot get user info. should check status
                return None
            u = json.loads(content)
            return dict(username=u['screen_name'], name=u['name'],
registration_id=u['id'])

auth.settings.actions_disabled=['register','change_password','request_reset_password','profile']
auth.settings.login_form=TwitterAccount(globals(),CLIENT_ID,CLIENT_SECRET,
AUTH_URL, TOKEN_URL, ACCESS_TOKEN_URL)