A little difficult to share to code (done for a client, its similar and but
not exactly what you're doing i.e. maybe a lot more complicated than what
you need), but I think you're almost there.

You need to upload the files to the server, then parse them to get each
dict. My understanding is that you don't have issues generating the dict
and there it should be a simple bulk_insert ...
http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/06/the-database-abstraction-layer?search=bulk_insert
.

My feeling that you may be having issues with parsing the uploaded file and
you should be able to get the file name/ location for parsing routines by
following
http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/07/forms-and-validators?search=upload#SQLFORM-and-uploads