I am tryin to build a web app where in i will be using the app to store
some data info about electrical units consumed. I have three tables viz.
dept,meter and reading. The problem here is i wrote a function in the
default.py for the table meter where in the dept_id is a FK referencing id
of the table dept. in the below code i get a syntax error on the line ' if
form.process().accepted: ' I think the error is in some other line which im
not able to debug., Kindly guide me thru the probllem. The code of func
goes here.

def reg_meter():
    form = SQLFORM.factory(
    Field('meter_num',requires=IS_IN_DB(db,db.meter)),
    Field('meter_type',requires=IS_IN_DB(db,db.meter)),
    Field('dept_id',requires=IS_IN_DB(db,db.dept.id,'%(dept_id)s'))
    if form.process().accepted:
        entered = db((db.entered.meter_num == form.vars.meter_num) &
(db.entered.meter_type == form.vars.meter_type) & (db.entered.dept_id ==
form.vars.dept_id)).select().first()

       if entered:
          entered.update_record((meter_num =
entered.meter_num+form.vars.meter_num) & (meter_type =
entered.meter_type+form.vars.meter_type) & (dept_id =
entered.dept_id+form.vars.dept_id)

       else:

db.entered.insert(meter_num=form.vars.meter_num,meter_type=form.vars.meter_type,
dept_id=form.vars.dept_id)

            response.flash = 'new record inserted'
    elif form.errors:
    response.flash = 'invalid values in form'

    records =
SQLTABLE(db().select(db.meter.ALL),headers='fieldname:capitalize')
    return dict(form=form, records=records)