hoping someone can point me in the right direction, as the post title says
I want to use a btn-group

{{=form.custom.begin}}
<input type="hidden" name="_form" value="new_game" />
<button type="button" class="btn btn-primary radio">Opt1</button>
<button type="button" class="btn btn-primary radio">Opt2</button>
                etc etc

as radio buttons to pass value to the form, but I am struggling with
passing the value.  How do I get the selected value the web2py way without
resorting to js? (like here on
SO)<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18031608/how-to-get-radio-button-group-values-in-bootstrap?rq=1>

Right now my model is pretty vanilla
    Field('opt'),