from curiousity, I just read thru the lib docs, and the module source
(./Lib/decimal.py)...
It seems like mapping the various DB's rules (for example, see the allowed
conversions chart from  T-SQL here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187928.aspx) ... and then running
the doctests that do exist for decimal.py, but against values retrieved from
each of the backend / decimal storages  will probably be a good thing to do.

Reading the python docs, it will also be interesting to see how people deal
with actually using this (I know people want to - I wonder what it will
really take the application writer to make this shift.... maybe it will be
ok.)

This seems like an undertaking that - by it nature - calls for care...

Ok - back to trying to "enjoy" the weekend (by doing chores around the
house?!!! ;-)

- Yarko