I have enabled google login. Once that is done, when I start web2py for
admin activities (127.0.0.1) with password, I can go to the admin interface
and then to edit of <myapp>. But from Edit, if I click on database
administration, it errors out.

That link points to   redirects to 127.0.0;1/myapp/appadmin.index, which
requires google login. googlelogin does not accept request from 127.0.0.1.
So I am stuck. With some hard-coding like "if
request.controller=='appadmin'", the issue was resolved. What is the
standard/best  practice?