On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Pynthon Pynthon <forumx...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm getting confused. Can someon explain this code?
>
> redirect(URL(r = request, f = "first"))
>
> I know it says redirect to a function. But why the URL and why  the r =
> request. I can't find anything in the book about it.

If you don't have the manual, then
http://www.web2py.com/examples/static/cookbook.pdf  shows on page 20 what
you want.
Also see:

   - follow the URL link on http://www.web2py.com/examples/default/api
   - the various examples at http://www.web2py.com/examples/default/examples

For an example of what is held in request, see
http://www.web2py.com/examples/simple_examples/hello6,

and note the values of:

request.application
request.controller
request.function
request.args
request.vars

(These are listed alphbetially, so you'll have to make it past all the
request.cookies, and requiest.env items)

Note: since URL accespts a request structure, you can save one / forward one
/ use one to return later (or any portion of).