I believe I'm having the same issue as described above.  Users have slow
internet connections, and when they upload files it is causing web2py to
lock up completely (can't access any sites or the admin interface).
Sometimes it will eventually respond other times I have to restart apache.

I'm running v2.8.2 from the one-step-production-deployment on Ubunutu.
Does socket_timeout need to be increased, or is it already set to 300 by
default?  If it does need to be increased, can that be done just by
modifying gluon/main.py and then restarting apache?

Thanks!
Dave