There have been several versions of this issue discussed but none of them
are yielding results for me.  Once every 3-4 days, I begin receiving the
error text below.  What perplexes me is that not only does my app fail to
run with this error, but the admin site produces the same error.  When I
get this error, I am still able to connect to and query my database using
MySQL Workbence 6.0 and the folks at PythonAnywhere aren't seeing anything
unusual in the db logs.  I'm getting this error when I attempt to log in so
there are no long running operations at play.  Any ideas on where to begin
troubleshooting?

Versionweb2py™Version 2.8.2-stable+timestamp.2013.11.28.13.54.07PythonPython
2.7.5+: /usr/local/bin/uwsgi (prefix: /usr)Traceback

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/coastinnovations/web2py/oxpeckertools-int/gluon/main.py", line
543, in wsgibase
    BaseAdapter.close_all_instances('rollback')
  File "/home/coastinnovations/web2py/oxpeckertools-int/gluon/dal.py", line
599, in close_all_instances
    db._adapter.close(action)
  File "/home/coastinnovations/web2py/oxpeckertools-int/gluon/dal.py", line
579, in close
    getattr(self, action)()
  File "/home/coastinnovations/web2py/oxpeckertools-int/gluon/dal.py", line
1872, in rollback
    return self.connection.rollback()
OperationalError: (2006, 'MySQL server has gone away')

Error snapshot [image:
help]<https://int.oxpeckertools.com/admin/ticket/admin/110.38.54.59.2014-01-21.13-48-29.0c4b2eeb-b534-4642-965d-8b9eea8b1fea#>

<class '_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError'>((2006, 'MySQL server has gone
away'))