GnuPG seems to be intimately tied to the user account on Linux. It always,
always expects .gnupg to be in /home/richard/. I can't seem to give it an
alternate location.

Thinking that it might be a file ownership problem, I chown'd .gnupg and
everything in it to www-data:www-data, but this gave me the mail.error "GPG
error:Invocation of gpgme_op_sign:Unspecified source:General error".

I chown'd everything back to richard:richard, and I got the mail.error "No
key for signing [my_han...@gmail.com]". So I lose either way!

It's probably not a file ownership problem. I am totally baffled by this.
Is PGP Email in web2py broken? Has anyone used it successfully recently??

Another question I have is:  Must I have the public key for the receiver of
my encrypted email before I can send? I'm grasping at straws, I know.

Thanks.