Hello Massimo - After reading the web2py reference manual closely, and
working
through some examples, your one liner makes perfect sense, and is quite
elegant.

How would you describe this style of programming; is it more pythonic, or
web2py-ish, or functional,
or something else? I came up through the ranks as a purely procedural
programmer, and
becoming more functional can be difficult. Do you know of any good texts
for beginners like
me to become more "functional" and less procedural ? Or is it just a case
of working "inside out" and constructing
the statement that way?

Thanks,
Don