Hi Web2py-users,

I have developed a CMS kind of system based on web2py.
https://github.com/acidjunk/web2py-pages

I actually want to provide a release as a w2p file on a regular basis, so
it can be used more easily. But I'm running into a problem if I don't
overwrite any core web2py app files.
https://github.com/acidjunk/web2py-pages/blob/master/README.md

When I started the development (web2py 1.97.2) I made some DB naming
choices that gave problems later on, when using strict(er) mode in DAL. The
key problem is that we choose 'page' for our main table containing the
pages. Obviously a lot of code in the page controller is using 'page' also
for adding, editing and sorting pages; and I also have some projects in
production that use it already. So a rename is not that straight forward or
easy...

I did investigate the web2py docs to see if I could relax the strict mode
from a model that would be included after db.py; but that doesn't seem to
be possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards

Rene