Hi,

First time i write to the list. Been googling around and couldn't find a
solution that i understand. I am really new to python and web2py.

I have this model

legacy_db.define_table('courses',
    Field('name','string'),
    Field('version','string'),
    Field('link','string'),
    Field('pro_id',legacy_db.project),
    Field('cli_id',legacy_db.client),
    format='%(name)s',
    migrate=False)

NOTE: The pro_id field in the DATABASE (mysql) references the project table
via FK. It allows NULL values as the only mandatory field should be client.
So i added the courses through phpmyadmin correctly with the pro_id set to
NULL to various courses.

I created a controller to insert/edit that table so if someone wants to add
a course can do it without having access to admin or to DB.

def edit_courses():
    form=SQLFORM(legacy_db.courses)
    if form.process().accepted:
        response.flash = 'Course was added Correctly'
    return dict(form=form,message=T('Edition for Courses'))

View
{{extend 'layout.html'}}
<h1>{{=message}}</h1>
{{=form}}

So the issue comes when i insert a course with no pro_id field. Validators
assume that one of the referenced values whould be used. And don't know how
to put NULL which should be the case here.

Thanks for the help.