found something that seems to work (after some modifications)

#http://chase-seibert.github.io/blog/2011/01/21/youtube-detecting-x-frame-optionsframebreaking-in-python.htm
def Is_Framing_Allowed ( URL ) :
    import urllib2
    req = urllib2.Request ( URL )
##req.add_header ( "Referer", "http://example.com";) # you should put your real URL here
    try :
      opener = urllib2.urlopen ( req )
    except :
      return False
    # returns True if ANY x-frame-options header is present
# the only options at present are DENY and SAMEORIGIN, either of which means you can't frame
    return not "x-frame-options" in opener.headers.dict