I'm glad to hear this but please keep in mind that the modify you made will
change the width of all elements with "text" and "password" type attribute
as well as select elements.
Therefore if you will be able to target only the interested elements it
will be better. For example:

table#t1 [type="text"], table#t1 [type="password"], table#t1 select {
  width: auto !important;
}

should also work but only for the elements children of the table with
id="t1".

Moreover, I suggest you to don't modify web2py files. In the specific case
you should create your css file and reference it in the layout.html as last
css file.