Sometimes I want to completely remove the meta description tag (as this is
one of the recommended options according to Google:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4gr88oHb-k)

For example I have a default meta description tag defined in menu.py (as is
in the welcome app).  Then in a specific controller function I'd like to
remove that meta description tag so I try:

response.meta.description = None

However instead of completely removing the meta tag from the rendered html
this produces:

which seems kind of pointless.  So three things:

1. What is a workaround to remove the meta description tag from a
controller?

2. What changing web2py so when response.meta.description = None, there is
no meta tag output?

3. What about completely removing the response.meta.description from the
welcome app, since according to Google, duplicate meta description tags are
a bad thing and having no tag is better than having a duplicate tag?