On 15 Mar 2014, at 7:45 PM, Massimo Di Pierro <massimo.dipie...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Could it be the GIIL. web2py is a multi-threaded app. Are the threads created
> by the web server doing anything?
> What if you use a non-threaded server like gunicorn instead?

I believe that Niphlod reproduced the problem with Rocket, in which case the
other threads must be waiting for IO.

It's suggestive that he did not see the performance degradation when Rocket was
restricted to a single thread. I proposed a couple of lines of attack in an
earlier message today on this thread. (I regret that I'm hip-deep in getting a
beta release out, with no time to spend on this interesting problem.)