On May 28, 6:41 pm, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
> The information is passed from request.vars to form.vars only if the
> form processing it has INPUT fields receiving it. How does your form
> look like?

This is my code defining the form:

    form=FORM(TABLE(
        TR("Type of Input:",SELECT
('option1','option2',_name='type',value='option1')),
        TR("Name:",INPUT(_type="text",_name="name",value='')),
        TR("CSV file contents:",TEXTAREA
(_name="csvdata",value='',requires=IS_NOT_EMPTY())),
        TR("Simulation mode (don't insert):",INPUT
(_type="checkbox",_name="simulate",value='off')),
        TR("",INPUT(_type="submit",_value="Submit")) ))
    if form.accepts(request.vars,session):

> Massimo
>
> On May 28, 4:05 pm, Dan <danbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello web2py masters-
> > I'm trying to get information into a form using URL parameters, but I
> > can't understand why it's not working.
>
> > For example, why doesn't this URL work to send the information in?
>
> > http://www.web2py.com/examples/form_examples/form?admin=False&email=te...@test.com&name=test122&profile=blahasdasda&sure=yes

the code for this one is shown in "Example 28" here:
http://www.web2py.com/examples/default/examples