On Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:21:34 PM UTC+1, Niphlod wrote:

> did you try with a fresh database ?

After some investigation, it seems that the problem is not related to what
I wrote above (!)

I tried to change the DB - to MySQL - and the error reported changed to
something like 'attribute "first_name" not found'. From this I managed to
understand what happens.

In fact, the 'company' table is redefining auth_user table. However, it
seems that (contrary to the documentation) the 'first_name' field is needed
by the default implementation of the NavBar. And hence the error. It is
weird that SQLite reports it as foreign constraint failed... Or maybe
indeed there was something wrong with the SQLite database in the first
place...

Anyway... The conclusion is - the code I gave above actually works.