Yes, it will be backward compatible unless you used internal and
undocumented features of the DAL (like importing SQLSet or subclassing
SQLRows). it will also expose a new alternative cleaner syntax (for
example you will be asked to use Field instead of SQLField but
SQLField works too as alias of Field).

I will explain more when done.

Massimo