I am not sure what rname does...

Does it do, what it means, so it should contains the real name of the
backend table name for instance or the reverse...

I make a test with one of my model, adding rname to the model for the table
name and one of the table field and try to make a query and look at it
(._select()) and get the rname that I defined as a table name and field.

Richard