1. When a task goes into TIMEOUT, it needs to be carefully reviewed.
TIMEOUT means that something that you needed isn't there... your case seems
to contemplate a missing run, but if it's so, you need to manage the
"absence" in your code (i.e. it must be eventually "planned"). To
summarize, a TIMEOUT task is something that you DIDN'T plan to go on
timeout....if instead you are cool with that, you should manage it into the
task itself, e.g. raising an error if n seconds are passed (so the task
gets into the FAILED status)

2. if you modify directly the scheduler_task table, pretty much ALL fields
are important, because every one of them specifies how, when, etc a task
needs to run

3. if you need it monthly, why the need for "number of seconds" to be
variable ? In any case you'd better off queuing something that gets fired
every once in a while and schedules the task only when it's needed