If you don't change this line both in production and in test

auth.define_tables(migrate=False, username=True, signature=False)

the error that you are getting will NEVER pop up.
If migrate=False, web2py doesn't attempt to create the auth tables, so the
error
 "table_auth_user already exists"
DOESN'T pop up.
are you sure that what you're reporting is exatcly what's happening ?