I've created a simple ajax form to update a "post" database.  For some
strange reason when I post a new message, the button greys out.

Here is the model:

db.define_table('t_post',
    Field('f_post', type='text',
          label=T('Post')),
    auth.signature,
    format='%(f_post)s')

Here are my controller functions.

def ajax_post():
    posts = crud.select(db.t_post, fields=['f_post'], query =
db.t_post.created_by == auth.user,
           headers={'t_post.f_post': 'Post'}, orderby =
~db.t_post.created_on)
    search = crud.search(db.t_post)
    return dict(posts=posts, search=search)

def new_post():
    postdata = request.vars.post
    db.t_post.insert(f_post = postdata)
    posts = crud.select(db.t_post, fields=['f_post'], query =
db.t_post.created_by == auth.user,
           headers={'t_post.f_post': 'Post'}, orderby =
~db.t_post.created_on)
    return posts

Here is the model:

{{extend 'layout.html'}}
<h1>This is the default/ajax_post.html template</h1>
<form onsubmit="return false">
Message</button></div>
</form>
    {{=posts}}
    {{=search[0]}}

At first I used an input field with type "submit" for the submit button.
When that happened, it would
grey out and the value would set to "Working....".  At least now button
text doesn't change, but it
it still grey's out.  Inspecting the element in Firefox I get:

<button value="Working..." class="btn disabled" onclick="ajax('new_post',
['post'],'results')">Post Message</button>

Why?  I didn't ask it to change the button's class to disabled.  And it
stays greyed even though
the results have returned and my "results" div has been properly updated.
I can still click on
the button, but it just appears disabled.