Hi ,

So the situation is this:

I have table for posts - Only the user posted a message may see it
and then table for "shared_posts" - The user created a post may enter
user_ids here, and those users may also see the post

I don't want to add record for each "share", so shared posts is defined
like this:

db.define_table('shared_goals',
                Field('goal','reference
posts',readable=False,writable=False,requires=IS_NOT_EMPTY()),
                Field('user_id','list:reference auth_user'),
                auth.signature)

Notice that "user_id" is a list.

When I produce a form (with given id, so it is actually an edit form), it
shows "user_id" as a list of all the people registered. I don't want this.
people should not see who else is registered.
So, In the view I wrote this:

        {{=shared_goals_form.custom.begin}}
        {{=INPUT(_name="user_id",_id="shared_goals_user_id")}}
        {{=shared_goals_form.custom.submit}}
        {{=shared_goals_form.custom.end}}

And then, after being processed, the list in DB only contains one user_id
(latest).

The question is: Can I change the value of "user_id" input after submission
and before the process, so that it will include previous user_ids?

Thanks!

Omri.