In ractive there is nothing equivalent to this;

module.controller('FooController', function($scope, userService){
  $scope.data = userService.api.success(function(data) .etc.. );
});

You do not have to bind a controller to a scope. You can still do this:

<input type="text" value="{{yourName}}" placeholder="Enter a name here">

   <h1>Hello {{yourName}}!</h1>

Notice no ng-modal, simply {{yourName}}.