This should not be possible but of course it deserves investigation.
What web server do you use?
Are you behind any kind of proxy or load balancer?
Those friends who were able to access it, did they ever login into admin?
Can you diff your appadmin.py vs the latest welcome/controllers/appadmin?
When your friends were able to access it, did you see it? What did the page
show? Do you have a screenshot?

Massimo