I am trying do some multiprocessing in a scheduler job.
This is web2py trunk from about ten days ago.

Things in current don't seem to be inherited by the spawn process (this is
on windows)
So I thought I'd learn about exec_environment to see if I can set up the
DAL in a python process.

exec_environment is failing at this line in db.py

auth = Auth(db,cas_provider=...)

in
tools.py __init__ line 1263 which is
request=current.request

the exception is
AttributeError: 'thread._local' object has no attribute 'request'

why I am trying this?
I have a nightly scheduled task which does a three phase data update.
The third phase can be easily made to run in parallel. But it is dependent
on the first two phases, and I don't know how to handle this in the
scheduler (otherwise I could assign multiple workers to the scheduler and
simply schedule lots of jobs). So I want to use a process pool.

I pass around a reference to a DAL database in current, and this is not
working in the spawned processes, hence I was hoping that exec_environment
would help.