Hi all,

I started using web2py a week ago with little MVC experience.  I have a
page displaying a database table using a SQLFORM.grid() where each row has
buttons to extend a time variable or delete the row.  I want to add a
pop-up prompt which asks the user why they are extending the time variable.

My links in the controller displaying the database:
    ## instantiate row variable with database output

    links = [{'header': '', 'body': lambda row: A('extend',
                                                  _class='btn',
*                                                  _onclick="var
reason=prompt('Reason for extending?'); return reason;",*
                                                  _href=URL('extend',
args=[row.project_name, row.kill_date]))},
             {'header': '', 'body': lambda row: A('kill',
                                                  _class='btn',
                                                  callback=URL('kill',
args=[row.project_name]),
                                                  delete="tr")}]

    grid = SQLFORM.grid(...., links=links, ...)
    return dict(form=grid)

My view:
{{extend 'layout.html'}}
{{=form}}

When I press the extend button, the prompt comes up and I can enter a
string.  Where does that string go to and how do I access it so that I can
use it in the 'extend' controller?  Is there a different way I should be
doing this?

Thanks,
Jimmy