Hi
I've made a web2py application that uses AJAX long polling for
bringing content to the browser at realtime, but in order to optimize
it I want a request to be locked until some event ocurrs so the AJAX
request function does not need to do periodic polling (reducing cpu
usage and latency). Is there any way to archieve something like this?

I know the use of threading in web2py is disencouraged but this is
just an example of how it would be, here "lock" function should not
return until "release" function is called:

[code]
import threading
e = threading.Event()

def lock():