Even if you use GaeGoogleLogin the auth_user table contains both id and
email (as provided by gmail). Now if you switch from GaeGoogleLogin to
local authentication and email everybody a link to reset the password they
will not need to register again and therefore they will retain the current
id. I have not tried this but should work.

For example you can make a script that does:

auth.messages.reset_password = 'You must reset your password. Click on the
link %(link)s to reset your password'
for user in db(db.auth_user).select(): auth.email_reset_password(user)

Now the issue is, if they cannot access GAE for login, would they receive
the email?