So it's not too bad consuming a service I provide for myself, but I'm also
interested in a service provided by a third-party device.

This particular service doesn't use "action", instead it uses "control" and
"flag".

In a SUDS client (sudsclient = suds.client.Client(serviceurl, transport),
I use sudsclient.factory.create('ns2:typename') to create the xmlnodes,
and in sudsclient.service.XYZService(control, action="", node, flag) use
the
settings I've given them (string and integer, respectively) while leaving
the action blank (as you see).

The debug info from the SUDS client shows the XML with the usual stuff and
the body as follows:
HEADERS: {'SOAPAction':'""', [...], 'Soapaction' : '""'}

and

<?xml version="1.0" encodeing=<UTF-8"?><SOAP_ENV:Envelope
xmlns:s="http://www/w3/org/
[etc, including 1 proprietary
 and 2 xmlsoap.org] ]><SOAD-ENV:Header/><ns1:Body><ns#:XYZService><contrl>
<flag>1234</flag></ns#:XYZService></ns1:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Does someone have a suggestion how to do this with pysimplesoap?  I'm
looking at the source of client.py, but it will take me a while to make
sense of it and to find where the corresponding bit to
sudsclient.factory.create() is.

Thanks for your help.

Dave
/dps