What database?

Web2py has a decimal datatype which, in my use cases, mimics the Python
decimal datatype. I use Postgresql and the adapter turns Python decimal
into Postgres numeric. Both of these types act like real world decimal
numbers. In other words, .2 + .1 comes out to .3. Of course a different db
backend will work differently.

Just google python decimal.