I added Brian's changes, added SSL Rewrite to deal with the /admin page
needing SSL, etc.

You can run the updated code like this:
wget
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ivandigiusto/web2py-install/master/setup-web2py-ubuntu-14.04.sh
chmod +x setup-web2py-ubuntu-14.04.sh
sudo ./setup-web2py-ubuntu-14.04.sh

I will be submitting a proposed solution on code.google site.

Ivan