> Depends on where you look in the book:
> http://www.web2py.com/books/default/chapter/35/06/the-database-abstraction-layer
>
>  - i just copied that line yesterday. Because of the differences between
> your line and mine i googled 'virtual fields web2py'
> <https://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=db.item.total_price+%3D+Field.Virtual(&meta=&aq=f&oq=&gws_rd=ssl#hl=nl&q=Virtual+Fields+Web2py>
>
> and found both old (4th edition) and new documentation (6th edition)in the
> book.

Your first link is to the Chinese translation of the book, which is (a)
incomplete (therefore, most of it is still English) and (b) still at the
4th edition. We should probably do something to avoid this confusion when
coming from Google search results. In the meantime, please be sure to link
to the current English edition: http://web2py.com/book.

Anthony