For rpi I see few alternatives:
- switch to upstart (mind that would be a big change for your operating
system)
- create your own uwsgi script in /etc/init.d/ (google for it)
- place the command line a posted before in /etc/rc.local (mind to add an &
at the end)
- uninstall the uwsgi installed by pip and install the one from the
raspbian repository (it comes with the /etc/init.d/... script). In this
case, I suggest to install uwsgi-emperor and uwsgi-plugin-python using
apt-get, add the line 'plugin=python' in web2py.ini and place that file in
/etc/uwsgi-emperor/vassals.

 Paolo